Sunday, 26 October 2008

First post from Japan

My apartment in Kunimi-machi.

So...I finally decided to do the dirty and start up a blog of my time in Japan. It'll probably end up being filled with random rubbish but we'll see...

Anyway, Japan so far has been fantastic. Been ridiculously busy so apologies to those people back in Scotland who I haven't been in touch with much. It's not that I've been ignoring you, it's just that I'm useless at replying to messages/sending messages. I still haven't sent my little sister her birthday present and her birthday was a month ago. It's still sitting on my kitchen table. Yeah, I'm a terrible human being, I know.
Kyomizu-dera in Kyoto
Already I've been to Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara in Kansai, played in a football tournament in Nagano, and painted faces in Koriyama. I've met lot's of decent people and plenty of strange people. Oh, and my ability to speak and write the English language is slowly but surely deserting me. This is even though I teach the language.

Oh, and I dressed up as a samurai for a town festival. Oooooooooh yeah.

1 comment:

Dan said...

I've got to say, the samurai pic is the greatest thing I've ever seen.