So it was snowing this morning when I drove to school! I think this is the first time I've ever experienced snow before about mid-December, seeing as where I lived in Scotland didn't really get that much snow. In fact, I think I've only ever had two or three white Christmas's. Means I have to go get winter tires put on Betsy and also get the wipers replaced. Ah, more expenses!
So, I reckon I'm gonna have to start trying to do this blogging stuff more often, I feel that I'm getting a bit behind on all this. I finally went to one of the sulphurous hot springs with my good man Nick. Good god, it was smelly. Felt absolutely amazing, dipping into the spring for a few minutes then drying off in the chill air before returning to the smelly water, but having to put up the with the smell for the rest of the day, even after showering properly? I dunno. Maybe I'll just stick to the non-sulphurous onsens. Speaking of onsens, for a cheap night out: Gym --> Onsen --> Bar. 2-3 drinks and that's you set for the night, works beautifully. You get the good effects of the gym and onsen and then you don't drink away all your bad work (especially if you drink mizuware shocyu).
Taught what I'd have to say was probably my favourite class since moving over to Jaypan last friday. Last period on a Friday, the kids should be tired and ready to go home, totally not interested in schoolwork at all, especially in a foreign language. I walk into the class and my 7 first year English selective girls are genki as fook. We only did English passports but it was ridiculously fun for some reason, I really enjoyed it. By how they all acted they did as well which was cool. Although I've got issues with the job, classes like this make it worth it - I'm turning into a big jessie now, aren't I? Another interesting lesson was my first experience teaching first and second year at elementary school. Lesson went fine, then at the end I got assaulted by hundreds of little Japanese hands tickling me.
Oh yeah. Got my placement for the JLPT exam. It's up in Iwate, what the hell? I guess I've only got myself to blame for sending it in so late but still. Iwate's freakin' far to go for an exam. Still undecided on whether to go or not. Gives me the opportunity to visit another prefecture, but it'll be cold as balls. We'll see. Maybe if there's a group going up we can go rampage and show Iwate how the Fuku crew roll ^-^
What else has happened...aaah...School exams! Means I've done bugger all teaching at the JHS over the past two weeks and has meant I can bail early cause there's nothing to do except study Japanese, and there's only so much of that I can take a day. Things are getting back to normal now though, which means I'll be teaching more classes again!
Anyhoo, time to go study some J-go.
Optimism and Having a Little Fun
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment