It's been just over a month since I posted in this. I guess I kinda lost interest. Now I'm back and it's going to be just as inspiring as it was before.
So anyway, a quick catchup. I spent Christmas and New Year back in Scotland. It was lovely seeing all you folks again. Clair (see you get a mention here) was lovely seeing you again, and we need to do tapas again next time I'm back. I might just have some money this time as well...
Going back home was kinda strange at first. Bowing to the attendants at Burger King in Cameron Toll, mixing Japanese into my speech like I do in Japan and nobody having a clue what I was saying. Shitty cold weather without the snow. I feel I managed to keep myself busy enough most of the time to not miss boarding too much and I went for a big weekend of boarding last weekend which made up for it. Oh, and people driving at normal speeds and using the inside lane as the overtaking lane. Thank you. You made my day.
My first experience of a big group of westerners together was at James and Anna's engagement party. Freaked out to start with seeing so many westerners without any Japanese. Managed to calm down though and survived that experience.
Edinburgh, I miss you but you just aren't as pretty a city as I remembered. You just seem a little bit dirty now. Maybe it was because it was wet and grey, but it didn't look quite as nice as it used it.
Cheers everyone who hosted me, was great seeing and partying with you! To those I missed, apologies again!
Optimism and Having a Little Fun
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment